Juice Diet – How To?
A juice diet is a type of dieting or cleansing regimen that is performed to make your digestive system and whole body more responsive, healthier, and cleaner. Certain studies have shown that doing a juice fast from time to time assists in good health, longevity, and weight control, but some studies say it is even good in revitalizing your total appearance because of its body detox benefit. Moreover, it removes toxins from the body so one can feel lighter, happier, and healthier.
However, followers should be advised that juice fasting is not a long-term cleansing or dieting program. It only lasts for a short period of time, from days to few weeks. A juice diet works by resting our digestive system from churning and digesting solid foods. By doing so, our digestive system takes a break from processing solid particles, such as those from proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. In return, a short resting phase is offered on our body, making it more responsive afterwards.
During the process of a juice fast, our body acquires needed minerals and vitamins through the nutrients of fruits, vegetables, and water. Sugar, in the form of fructose, is also provided by fruits and vegetables that keep our body energized during active days. With this formula, unwanted toxins are removed from the body, while calories and fats recognize the juice diet as the No. 1 most effective, if not the safest form of cleansing and dieting regimen.
Two General Types of the Juice Fast Diet
If you try to scout the internet and research about the different types of juice fasting, you will be presented with not just two or three classes, but a bunch of sub-types. These sub-types can be from 1-day juice fasting, 3-day juice cleansing, colon cleansing, and more. However, these are all specified varieties of juice fasting, as there are only two known general types of juice fasting.
1. Vegetable and fruit juice only fasting – This is a type of juice diet that requires drinking of nutritional liquids from fruits and vegetables only, meaning no soups from cooked meats or other broths.
2. Juices, cold soups and fruit smoothies fasting – Almost similar to the first one, this type of juice fasting adds cold soups or broths into the diet. This type is greatly recommended for those who cannot keep up with the vegetable and fruit only combination.
Warnings and Recommendations
Since a juice fast is considered to be an extreme form of detoxification, as it involves no solid foods, there will be some juice diet symptoms happening during the process. Meanwhile, some people are more likely to experience the healing crisis. Not all people who want to lose weight or cleanse their body can perform a juice diet. If you fall under these people or have a known existing health condition that contradicts the main principle of juice diet, then talk to your doctor first to obtain rightful advice toward a juice diet detox.
- Diabetic persons with known hypoglycemia episodes
- Cancer patients
- Those under 18 years of age
- People with eating disorders
- Pregnant and nursing women
- Anemic individuals
In any juice diet plan, drinking 6-12 glasses of room temperature water is strongly advised. However, there are some liquid concoctions that you should avoid, such as stimulants in the form of coffee and carbonated beverages. They slow down the detoxification process, which makes our body more sluggish than responsive. Instead of coffee and alike you can better try any Lumitea and see the difference.
How to Start the Juice Diet?
Before you begin juice dieting, cleaning, or whatever you may want to call it, make sure to prepare yourself by slowly training your body to adapt from solid foods to liquids. This should be done a week or so before the targeted date of juice fast to allow your body to slowly adapt from the new changes and eliminate unwanted reactions during the process, so give yourself a break from house duties, hire Katong Maid Agency and take care of your health.
Slowly remove solid foods from your diet. You may want to start off by removing red meats during the first two days, then chicken on the third day, seafood on the 4th and dairy products on the 5th day. By the 6th and 7th day, allow yourself to eat only cold soups, broths, and juices from fruits to make it more flexible for the upcoming juice cleansing. Note that alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, and sugar should also be slowly removed from your diet, together with the exclusion of solid foods. You can also complement with healthy shakes like the healthyusa 310 shake that give you a boost of energy and nutrition.
Your main diet should be comprised of fresh fruits and vegetables. It can either be a combination of the two depending on your desires. One important note that should never be neglected is that store-brought fruit juices are not allowed in the diet, and the same goes for prepared fruit juices. The juice you will be drinking should not be one-day older, as it loses so much nutritional value which defies the purpose. Also, drink your juice diet concoction every 90 minutes to save yourself from cravings and hunger.
Making your own juice diet detox plan is also recommended, but if you don’t have any idea how and where to start, you can follow simple juice diet recipes online, but you need to consider important notes such as the ones listed below:
- Thirty-two to 64 ounces (1 to 2 liters) of juice is required daily during the fast.
- It can be a combination of any fruits and vegetables, but citrus fruits are often avoided.
- Organic fruits and vegetables are highly recommended, but if organic products are not available, local produce is also accepted, but make sure to peel off the skin first before processing.
- Concoctions should be maintained and taken at room temperature, as they are digested more quickly and rapidly than cold ones.
- Green vegetables contain the substance called chlorophyll, which is believed to be very beneficial with the juice diet process.
- Typical fruits and vegetables included on the juice fasting program are, but not limited to celery, carrot, kale, apple, cabbage, pineapple, cranberry, beet, spinach, and greens.
How to Break the Juice Diet Fast?
If you think that starting any juice diet program is quite hard, ending the regimen is even harder for some. Ending the juice diet program is a critical phase wherein you could do more harm to your body than benefiting it. When ending any juice cleansing program, make sure to be very gentle and careful.
Instead of eating junk foods such as pizza, chips, and French fries, eat soups, vegetables, fruits, and nuts for a day or two. Remember that introducing heavier types of foods, such as protein meats and loaded carbohydrates into your diet, should take place between the 3rd and 4th day onward after the diet. The key here is to introduce healthy solid foods in a slow and gentle way. Eating one whole pizza right after the program will reverse all the beneficial effects of a juice fast.
How to Perfectly Juice Fruits and Vegetables?
Since using commercial fruit juices are generally not advised, every juice fast enthusiast should learn certain skills that will help them extract the most out from raw fruits and vegetables.
First of all, there are certain fruits and vegetables that include parts that should not be juiced. These includes the pits of peaches, apricots, cherries, apple seeds, citrus peels, carrot peel, rhubarb tops, banana peels, and avocado skin. The same thing goes with regards to fruits with tough skins, such as kiwi, pineapple, and mangoes. Including these things to your juice will only create a high level of pulp and bitter taste, which is not appealing to most users.
Also, bear in mind that you need to get the best juicer to aid on your juice diet detox program and that is high quality and reliable. Juicers that heats up the liquid too much will only kill live enzymes and good bacteria present into the juice; thus, they are not recommended, and the same goes for juicers with ineffective blades as they oxidize the concoction too much. When getting a juicer, look for those that feature an easy separation of pulp from the juice and have stainless steel non-dulling blades.
Fruits are easier to juice than vegetables as they contain more liquid extract than the solidified more mushy byproduct of the latter. However, do peel citrus fruits and don’t forget to core apples, peaches, and the likes before throwing them into the juicer. If you are having some troubles juicing greens, read these tips below.
- Small leaves should be rolled into a cylinder – Obviously, some juicers do have a small feeding tube which makes small leaves difficult to get in. Try rolling small leaves into long cylinders before loading them into the juicer. Also, press the juicer on the slowest option to avoid trapped leaves in the blade.
- Hard stems are alright as long as your juicer supports it – Hard stems, such as those on kale and chard, are full of wonderful nutrients needed for a more effective juice diet. Do not cut or separate them when making concoctions and your juicer should be able to process them without any problems.
- Lemon and lime juice hides the bitter taste of greens – Raw greens are commonly bitter when tasted, and even if they are juiced, the bitter taste will not neutralize. By using lemon and lime juices, bitter tastes of vegetables are greatly reduced.
- Fruits with sweet extracts are known to intensify the bitter taste of vegetables – One of the most common mistakes people do when preparing a juice diet is that they use the sweet extracts of fruits, such as apples and beets, to neutralize the bitter taste of greens. However, they will only intensify the bitterness as they contain high amounts of fructose.
- Juice vegetables slowly, but surely – Do not juice vegetables quickly, as they will not produce the wanted liquid extract for a juice diet, but instead, create a mushy material. Set your juicer into the slowest option, then slowly work it out until the desired texture is achieved.
Now that you know the basic things one needs to accomplish when performing a juice diet, remember not to overdo it by repeatedly practicing the program every week or so. Also, a juice diet should only be done in a short period of time, as accompanied by its health benefits are dangerous reactions in line with the absence of solid foods inside the body.