Juice Cleanse Diet – Essential Tips You Need to Know
The juice cleanse diet is one of the most popular methods of detoxification today. It is also widely known as the juice diet method, as you will only be consuming fruit and vegetable juices during the entire detox program.
On this page we’ll cover the top 10 benefits of juice cleansing so that you can make an informed decision as to whether it’s right for you. Furthermore, you will be presented with some of the most popular types of juice cleanse diets. We’ll also provide you with some juice cleanse recipes that can help you get started with type of juice fasting.
Top 10 Benefits of Juice Cleanse
Needless to say, juice diets are healthy because they are derived from natural fruits and vegetables. These types of crops are rich in vitamins and minerals, as well as antioxidants, which make them effective tools in detoxification. Listed below are some notable benefits of juice cleansing.
- Enhanced Immune System – Through an effective method of juice cleansing, your body will regain its natural balance and stamina. This will make your body stronger so that it can fight disease-causing germs. Also, if affected by certain illnesses, the body can recover faster.
- Supports Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation – Recovering from drug and alcohol abuse can be made easier through the method of juice cleansing. This will eliminate toxins from the body while allowing the body to recuperate from its past unhealthy state.
- Mental Clarity – When the body has released all toxic substances by going through the juice cleanse method of detoxification, oxygenation inside the body will become more efficient. This will give you a sense of clarity, as there will be a sufficient supply of oxygen to the brain.
- Improved Digestion and Elimination Process – Juice cleansing is an effective way to clean the colon. It is a kind of oral colon cleansing. Your digestive system will, therefore, function properly, and you will have more regular bowel movements.
- Weight Loss on Juice Fast – Juice fasting is an effective way to lose weight because you will not be consuming fatty foods for several days. You can shed some body fat when you go on a juice fast, and it will be evident, especially on your waist and belly areas.
- Improved Condition of the Bodily Organs – Juice diet plans will benefit the major organs of your body. Your heart, lungs, kidneys, and liver will be able to expel any toxic substances that have built up due to your diet, habits, and exposure to pollution.
- Improved Skin Condition – Sufferers of pimples, acne, and other skin blemishes will benefit from a juice cleanse diet, as the system will be flushed of any negative impurities that could lead to breakouts and other skin problems.
- Quick Recovery Time – Because fruit and vegetable juices are naturally nutritious, breaking from the juice fast is quick and easy. The body will not become too weak, as it has been supplied with liquid forms of fruits and veggies.
- Cost-Effective – Juice cleanse is not only a highly effective detox method, but is also cost-effective and economical. You can use any type of fruits and vegetables that are in season so that you can create a juice diet program that’s applicable to you.
- Safe – Compared to water fasting, the juice diet detox method is safer because fruit and vegetable juices have high nutritional value.
Popular Types of Juice Cleanse Diet
There are several types of juice cleanse diet plans and recipes, and these can have variations too. Here are some of the most popular types of juice cleanse preparations that can provide remedies for specific illnesses:
- Lemon Juice Cleanse – This is mainly used to stave off cravings that are related to alcohol, nicotine, and drugs. This type of juice cleanse is high in vitamin C, and it is safe for the stomach, as the lemon extracts are converted into alkaline materials when digested.
- Apple Juice Cleanse – This type of juice cleanse is beneficial to the colon. As old feces build up along the lining of the colon, this makes you prone to digestive problems (constipation, gas, and loose bowels) and other conditions. Having a healthy colon will also ensure proper absorption of nutrients from the foods you eat.
- Cranberry Juice Cleanse – Cranberry juice is beneficial to the kidney and bladder. Urinary tract infections and other kidney and bladder problems can be rectified by this type of juice cleanse.
- Green Juice Cleanse – A green cleanse diet mainly involves the use of green leafy vegetables processed into juice mixtures. This will benefit the whole body system in general, as these types of vegetables are rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Organic Juice Cleanse – Some people prefer using certified organic fruits and vegetables when making juices intended for a juice diet plan. However, if organic sources are not available, you can simply wash the fruits and vegetables thoroughly under running water. You can also opt to make your own solution to safely wash the chemicals off the fruits and vegetables before processing them in a blender or juicer.
Make Your Own Fruit and Vegetable Washing Solution
Organic products are the “in” thing today because people are now widely aware of the harmful effects of having pesticide residue in food crops. These chemicals can sometimes remain on fruits and vegetables if they are not washed thoroughly under running water.
Organic food sources are recommended when going on a juice cleanse method of detoxification, as having chemicals on the produce negates the effectiveness of the procedure. Here are the steps to make your own fruit and vegetable washing solution:
- Combine 1 cup of water, 1 cup of vinegar, 2 tablespoons of baking soda, and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Spray the solution on fruits and vegetables before washing them under running water.
Tip: Allow the solution to remain on the fruits and vegetables for about 5 minutes prior to rinsing the solution off.
Some Helpful Tips When Preparing for Juice Cleansing
Although the actual method of juice dieting can be quite simple, there are some guidelines that you can follow to make the system more effective and convenient. Listed below are some tips to help you prepare for the juice cleanse detox program.
- When purchasing fruits and vegetables from a grocery store, make sure that they are ripe and that the colors are vibrant. You should also check the texture and smell of the crops, as this can affect the taste of your juice.
- Use organic produce as much as possible. If organic food sources are not available, you just have to make sure that you clean the produce well. An effective juice cleanse should not contain any harmful chemicals.
- It is highly recommended that you wash any fruits and vegetables you bought from a market or store as soon as you get home. This holds true for most food items, with the exception of berries and grapes, as leaving water droplets on these fruits can lead to mold.
- Note that most fruits and vegetables do not need to be peeled, especially when being processed in a juicer. The skin on fruits and vegetables actually contains high levels of nutrients, and this will be beneficial to one’s overall health.
- Be sure to remove the pits from such fruits as apples, peaches, cherries, and plums prior to putting them in a juicer. The pits from these types of fruits carry toxic substances that can be dangerous to one’s health when accumulated in large amounts.
- When using green leafy vegetables in making juice cleanse recipes, you can roll these into a ball so as to make them thicker. This method will also cause the leafy vegetables to produce more juice.
Juice Cleanse Recipes
Juice cleanse recipes are very easy to prepare. You just need to have a blender or a juicer in your kitchen, and you can make different types of fruit and vegetable drinks easily. Here are some simple yet tasty juice cleanse recipes you can try when you’re on a juice diet:
- Red Fusion Fruit and Veggie Juice
- 1 medium-sized red apple
- 1 cup of red grapes
- 2 cups of red cabbage
- 1 medium-sized carrot
Wash the fruits and vegetables thoroughly. Cut the apple (remove the pits), cabbage, and carrots into small pieces. Put all of the ingredients into the juicer. Serve the Red Fusion juice cleanse chilled or with ice.
- Sweet Pineapple Cleansing Juice
- ¼ pineapple
- 1 red apple
- 2 carrot chunks
- ½ beet
- ¼ cup of parsley
Wash all of the fruits and vegetables. Remove the top portion of the pineapple, and get rid of the skin and core. Cut the pineapple, apple, and carrots into small pieces. Roll the parsley leaves into a ball-shaped mass. Place all of the ingredients into the juicer, and enjoy the sweet taste of this juice cleanse concoction.
- Ultimate Veggie Juice
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 carrot chunks
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green onion
- 2 celery stalks
- ½ red bell pepper
- ¼ head cabbage
- 1 cup of spinach
Wash all the vegetables under running water, and cut them into small pieces. Place all of the ingredients inside of the juicer for processing. Serve the vegetable juice cleanse with ice.
Does the Juice Cleanse Really Work?
The juice cleanse is known to be effective and safe because you are working with natural ingredients. Fruits and vegetables are high in vitamins and minerals, so going on a strict juice diet will provide you with the basic nutrients the body needs to function properly. Furthermore, once you finish a full juice cleanse routine, you will feel clean and rejuvenated inside and out.